What Does a Great Babysitter Cost?More than a Donut, Less than a Vacation
Pay only for the coverage you need, and get the quality you want.
Whether you need a regular weekly placement, or an occasional one-off placement, Chicago Super Sitters can accommodate almost any part-time request. Our placement pricing options make it affordable to have the coverage you need, while also staying in budget.
Let’s break it all down, shall we?
FIRST: Registration Fee: $50 (one-time)
Chicago Super Sitters distinguishes itself from other sitter services by taking the time to properly and completely match our sitters with new families. When you’re new to us (even if just visiting!), we take the time get to know you and your children through your profile information, and an intake call with a member of our staff, so we can confidently curate a selection of sitters who fit your needs.
Our one time $50 registration fee is charged when you book your intake call. This call must be completed, and fee must be paid before your first sitter request is confirmed. This fee is non-refundable once the call is complete.
We offer two types of placements:
- One-time placements: single, stand-alone, and/or short-term requests
- Recurring placements: a regular part-time schedule, same sitter, lasting 4 weeks or more
And, There are two payments for every placement.
- The placement fee paid to the agency
- The sitter hourly paid directly to the sitter (jump to sitter rates)
These rates apply to each separate day a sitter is requested*.
Placement fees are invoiced by CSSitters when placements are confirmed.
14+ days– $25 (1 SC credit)
7-13 days– $35 (1 SC credit) *was $25
3-6 days– $50 (2 SC credits) *was $35
<48hrs– $75 (3 SC credits) *was $50
<24hrs– $100 (4 SC credits) *was $75
*These rates also apply to families visiting Chicago
Want to bundle your fees? Plan to go out often? Are you a last-minute person? You might want a SuperCard!
A CSSitters Recurring Placement is defined as: a consistent (same day, time, and sitter), on-going schedule, lasting 4 weeks or more.
Recurring placements are invoiced monthly, starting when the placement does.
Recurring 1 day/week: $50/month
2 days/week: $75/month
3 days/week: $100/month
4 days/week: $125/month
5 days/week: $150/month
These Recurring Placement fees include Super-Sitter-Backup, meaning that if ever your recurring sitter were sick or unable to make it for any of the regularly scheduled hours, we search for a replacement for no extra charge.
Complete list of placement & booking policies here.
Sitter hourly rates & additionals – paid directly to your sitter
Rates for sitters depend on how many children will be cared for, any additional services/experience required, and what kind of placement you’ve booked. Rates and variables are listed below and are subject to change at the discretion of the agency based on changing family needs or placement requirements.
PLEASE NOTE: Rates are for EVERY hour and due at the end of the placement.
Minimum Base rate (one-time placements):
Rates increased on 2/14/22 (new rates)
1 Child – $20/hour
2 Children – $21/hour
3 Children – $22/hour
4 Children – $23/hour
5+ Children – TBD(5 or more children may require a second sitter: contact us to arrange)
Base rate +$2/hour
1 Child – $22/hour
2 Children – $23/hour
3 Children – $24/hour
4 Children – $25/hour
5+ Children – TBD (5 or more children may require a second sitter: contact us to arrange
Additions to Hourly Rate:
- Infant (under 6mos): +$1/hour
- Two under 2: +$1/hour
- Sitter in Hotel Room/AirBnB/etc: +$1/hr
- Sitter working somewhere other than the family home: +$1/hr
- Combined Families (two or more): +$2/hr for each extra child from family #2, 3, etc.
- Gas/Travel stipend: $TBD, based on location (will be known prior to booking)
- Special Skills Required (Language, special training): $TBD – depending on request.
- Overnight Care: Rates vary (contact us HERE to inquire)
Complete list of payment policies here.
What if I need to cancel a placement?
Complete list of Cancellation policies here.
- A CSSitters Placement is considered confirmed when a sitter is assigned, and details have been sent via email by CSS. CSSitters timestamp (date and time in CST) and delivery confirmation system will be used as time/date reference.
- Cancellation fees are applicable once the placement is confirmed.
- Cancellations are charged/assessed based on the timestamp on the submitted Family Cancellation Form
- Any placement fee is retained as charged for cancelled placements. Outstanding invoices for confirmed & cancelled placements remain due.
- No fee due if a placement is cancelled before it is confirmed
- $50 Fee – if a placement is cancelled after it has been confirmed
- $Full Hourly for cancelled placement – if placement is cancelled with less than 48 hours before placement start time.