What Does a Great Babysitter Cost?More than a Donut, Less than a Vacation.
Registration Fee: $50 (one-time)
Chicago Super Sitters distinguishes itself from other sitter services by taking the time to properly and completely match our sitters with new families. When you’re a new family, we take the time get to know you and your children so we can confidently curate a selection of sitters who fit your needs.
Our one time $50 registration fee isn’t charged until after you speak directly to a CSSitters staff member. This fee must be paid before your first sitter request is confirmed.
There are two payments for each placement. The first is the Placement Fee, paid to CSSitters, and the second is paying the Super Sitter directly.
1. Single Bookings
These rates apply to each separate day a sitter is requested.*
- 7+ Days Notice: $25
- 3-6 Days Notice: $35
- <48hrs Notice: $50
- <24hrs Notice: $75
- overnight pricing varies and is available upon request
*Visiting families have different pricing. Please see the Hotel and Hospitality page for special pricing.
Want to bundle up your pricing? You might want a SuperCard!
2. Recurring Bookings
Have a regular class you’d like to attend? Need a few mornings a week to get things done? Having a baby and need consistent coverage for a few weeks? We can help you there too! Please see the rates below and email email@example.com for more information.
A CSSitters recurring placement is defined as a consistent (same day, time, and sitter), on-going schedule, lasting 1 month or more. If your request does not fit these criteria, you may not be eligible for the recurring placement rates. This will be discussed with a CSSitters staff member!
- Recurring 1 day/week: $50/month
- 2 days/week: $75/month
- 3 days/week: $100/month
- 4 days/week: $125/month
- 5 days/week: $150/month
These fees include the CSSitters Guarantee, meaning that if ever your sitter were sick or unable to make it for any of the regularly scheduled hours, we would find a replacement for no extra charge.
- These days are non-transferable (you cannot swap days outside of your regular schedule or replace with a different day).
- Placement charges are charged from the time they are submitted into the CSSitters system.
- Combining families must be pre-approved.
- Cancellation fees apply to all confirmed placements (recurring placements too!). See our ‘Cancellation’ explanation in the FAQ for more info.
- All placements require a 3 hr minimum compensation.
- SuperCards can NOT be used to pay Recurring fees.
What if I need to cancel a placement?
Cancellation Policy: Your placement is confirmed once you receive your placement confirmation email containing your sitter’s details.
If you need to cancel your placement: Please log back into the website and complete the cancellation form.
- With more than 48 hours notice: a $25 cancellation fee (plus $5 transaction fee if not paid directly) will be charged and paid directly to sitter for loss of hours. Your Placement Fee, SuperCard credits, or single booking fee will be will be credited to your account.
- With less than 48 hours notice: a $50 cancellation fee (plus $5 transaction fee if not paid directly) will be charged and paid directly to sitter for loss of hours. Your Placement Fee will be retained as charged.
These fees apply to ALL placements booked with CSSitters (including for sickness, family emergencies, etc.).
Sitter rates & additionals
Rates for sitters depend on how many children will be cared for and any special needs or additional services required. Rates and variables are listed below and are subject to change based on changing family needs. If you have any questions, simply let us know and we’ll be happy to help you figure out your rate.
1 Child – $16/hour
2 Children – $17/hour
3 Children – $18/hour
4 Children – $19/hour
5+ Children – TBD
(5 or more children may require a second sitter: contact us to arrange)
- Rates are per hour, in half-hour increments, for in-home requests
- All placements require a 3 hr minimum compensation
- Some holidays/special events will have increased hourly rates (NYEve, 4th of July, etc.). Dates and rates will be known prior to request confirmation.
Additions to Hourly Rate: Add Per Hour
- Combined Families (two or more): $2/hr for each extra child from family #2, 3, etc.
- Sitter in Hotel Room/AirBnB/Home Rental: $1/hr
- Infant (Less Than 6 Months): $1/hr ea.
- Other Non-Child Related Tasks (errands, household work, etc.): $2/hr ea.
- Sitter working somewhere other than the family home: $1/hr
- Gas/Travel stipend: $TBD, based on location (will be known prior to booking)
- Special Skills Required (Language, special training): $TBD – depending on request.
- Overnight Care: Rates vary (contact us HERE to inquire)
PLEASE NOTE: Rates are for EVERY hour and due at the end of the placement. These rates are subject to change or update at any time and will be assigned per family based on specific needs, determined at family intake.
There are TWO payments for each placement.
- You will pay the Placement Fee to CSSitters when the request is confirmed.
- You will also pay the sitter directly at the conclusion of their work in your home.
Sitters accept payment in different forms – Cash, Check, or electronic via Chase QP, Venmo, PayPal, etc. You will be notified of their payment preference/options when you receive the confirmation and Sitter bio.
Cancellation fees are paid directly to the sitter at the payment handle provided. OR, cancellations can be invoiced through CSSitters with a $5 transaction fee.
- The financial exchange between sitter and family will not pass through CSSitters.
- Registration and Placement Fees are due upon receipt. If payment is not received within 7 days of issuance, customer will be assessed a late charge equal to 2% of the unpaid amount per month.