What does a great babysitter cost?More than a donut. Less than a vacation.
Life feels out of whack – let us help you find some balance.
Being a stay-at-home parent is a full-time job.
Being a teacher/camp counsellor is a full-time job.
Working a full time job is a full time job.
This is A LOT.
Let us helP you get a break.
Chicago Super Sitters is offering One-Time placements to our current families, and we encourage you to take a break from things. A creative date night, a quiet drive, or even just time to read your book – you deserve a break, even if just for a bit.
Returning Families Login
Want to be a sitter?
We are still here to help you with some short breaks.
one-time placements are still open for existing CSSitters families.
AND, *COMING SOON*, our new Virtual Super Sits! Made for times you don’t need a full booking, just a few minutes to have someone else engage the kiddo(s).
Let’s be real – even when we aren’t stressed to the max in the middle of a pandemic, having a job and being a parent at the same time can feel impossible. You are NOT alone here, and we can help.
We are still here to help you find some time to yourself, even if just for short periods. We will be back with Recurring availability ASAP!
Pick your day.
Pick the hours.
Log in and submit your request.
These rates apply to each separate day a sitter is requested. SuperCard credits can be used for these placements for existing SuperCard holders. Each request must be a minimum of 3 hours.
- 7+ Days Notice: $25
- 3-6 Days Notice: $35
- due to extra precautions in place, we will require at least 72 business hours to process new requests
- One-time placements do not include any pre-meetings or interviews.
- CSSitters staff selects the appropriate sitter prior to any profile info being shared.
- Extra schedule changes & flexibility will be permitted for essential workers working outside the home, and on a case-by-case basis.
Returning Families Ready to Request?
Registration Fee: $50 (One-Time, New Families Only)
Chicago Super Sitters distinguishes itself from other sitter services by taking the time to get to know both our families and our sitters, so we are able to properly and completely make matches based on more than just availability. When you’re a new family, we take the time get to know you and your children through your profiles, intake phone call, and ongoing request needs.
Our one time $50 registration fee covers all intake steps and isn’t charged until after you speak directly to a CSSitters staff member. This fee must be paid before your first sitter request is confirmed.
Placements and Payments: Who & When?
There are TWO payments for each placement.
- You will pay the Placement Fee to CSSitters.
- You will also pay the sitter directly at the conclusion of their work in your home (hourly rates below).
Chicago Super Sitters will invoice you directly for all fees. During CV19 all Recurring Placement fees will be billed bi-monthly (every two weeks).
Sitters accept payment in different forms – Cash, Check, or electronically via Zelle, Venmo, PayPal, etc. You will be notified of their payment preferences/options when you receive the confirmation and Sitter Bio.
- All placements require a 3 hr minimum compensation.
- During CV19, Hotel Requests will be accepted on a case-by-case basis. Hotel Rates can be found HERE.
- SuperCards can NOT be used to pay Recurring Placement Fees.
- The financial exchange between sitter and family will not pass through CSSitters.
- Some holidays/special events will have increased hourly rates (NYEve, 4th of July, etc.). Dates and rates will be known prior to request confirmation.
As always, cancellation fees go straight to our sitters for loss of hours. These fees are paid directly to the sitter at the payment handle provided OR cancellations can be invoiced through CSSitters with a $5 transaction fee.
Please know that the regular cancellation policy will resume when regular business does. More info on these fees can be found at the bottom of this page.
See other gig questions and CV19 related FAQ.
Sitter rates & additionals
Rates for sitters depend on how many children will be cared for and any special needs or additional services required. Rates and variables are listed below and are subject to change based on changing family needs. If you have any questions, simply let us know and we’ll be happy to help you figure out your rate.
1 Child – $16/hour
2 Children – $17/hour
3 Children – $18/hour
4 Children – $19/hour
5+ Children – TBD
(5 or more children may require a second sitter: contact us to arrange)
- Sitter hourly is paid directly to the sitter at the end of the placement
- The financial exchange between sitter and family will not pass through CSSitters
- Rates are per hour, in half-hour increments, for in-home requests
- All placements require a 3 hr minimum compensation
Additions to Hourly Rate: Add Per Hour
- Sitter in Hotel Room/AirBnB/Home Rental: $1/hr
- Infant (Less Than 6 Months): $1/hr ea.
- Other Non-Child Related Tasks** (errands, household work, etc.): $2/hr ea.
- Gas/Travel stipend: $TBD, based on location (will be known prior to booking)
- Special Skills Required (Language, special training): $TBD – depending on request.
- Overnight Care: Rates vary (contact us HERE to inquire)
PLEASE NOTE: Rates are for EVERY hour and due at the end of the placement. These rates are subject to change or update at any time and will be assigned per family based on specific needs, determined at family intake.
**Our sitters are expected to clean up after themselves and the kiddos in their care, but extra chores outside of that like family laundry, non-kid food prep, cleaning, and organizing, etc. do not fall within our sitters’ purview. That said, we are all about everyone pitching in, especially now – after all, it takes a village, and our sitters are team-players. So if you need a hand with housework (and it doesn’t involve the children learning how or helping), you are welcome to ask your sitter if they are interested, but it will be extra.
Standard Cancellation Policy
Your placement is confirmed once you receive your placement confirmation email containing your sitter’s details.
If you need to cancel your placement: Please log back into the website and complete the cancellation form.
- With more than 48 hours notice: a $25 cancellation fee (plus $5 transaction fee if not paid directly) will be charged and paid directly to sitter for loss of hours. Your Placement Fee, SuperCard credits, or single booking fee will be will be credited to your account.
- With less than 48 hours notice: a $50 cancellation fee (plus $5 transaction fee if not paid directly) will be charged and paid directly to sitter for loss of hours. Your Placement Fee will be retained as charged.
These fees apply to ALL placements booked with CSSitters (including for sickness, family emergencies, etc.).