Chicago Super Sitters & CV19How it Works and How We're Keeping it Safe
We are taking a short break to re-group, and unfortunately are not accepting new families at this time.
We do apologize for breaking your heart so soon after finding our Super service, but never fear: we will be back in the Fall, more Super than ever!
CLICK HERE to get on the list and be notified when we are back at it!
We are still placing our current families for one-time requests, and we’re still committed to placing our Super Sitters safely.
We are taking this COVID-19 situation very seriously and recognize that everyone needs to feel an extra level of security when inviting someone into their home or when going to work in someone else’s home.
As we navigate these extraordinary times, we are taking extra steps to share everyone’s quarantine practices, we are tailoring our service offerings to meet current needs, and we are closely monitoring the safety recommendations from the CDC and our local government.
CV19 & CSSitters – Safety Specifics (Phase 4):
- All Families complete a ‘Quarantine/Exposure’ questionnaire
- All Sitters complete a ‘Quarantine/Exposure’ questionnaire
- All Q/E info is screened by CSSitters and is shared with both sides of the match with confirmation details (no pre-approval unless requested prior)
- Sitters can be working Recurring and/or One-Time placements
- CTA is a possibility, but families and sitters decide if they are comfortable with this, prior to confirmation.
- CSSitters is maintaining our thorough vetting of all families and sitters prior to any match/placement
Phase 4 in more detail (updated 1/31/21)
Recurring placements are limited to those that confirmed in Phase 3. New Recurring Requests are not being accepted at this time.
One-Time Requests are being offered to returning CSSitters families only. Sitters are permitted to work both their existing recurring placement(s) and one-time gigs if they choose to (and if their Recurring family okays it).
Our ‘Quarantine/Exposure Practices’ form is still mandatory of all sitters and families prior to confirmation.
Families/sitters doing One-time Placements will not have pre-approval of Q/E Practices but will have this information included in their confirmation blurb. CSSitters will still be monitoring the Q/E practices internally. If you have a special request or wish to be specific about your sitter’s exposure please add this in the notes of your request.
CTA use is based on comfort level of Sitter & Family. If you are willing/able to pick up/drop off your sitter please indicate this on your request form. Though not all sitters are comfortable in rideshares yet, if you are willing to cover the rides to and/or from, please include this as well.
CSSitters – What’s the Same & What’s Different:
- Our exceptional attention to detail, our commitment to clear communication, and our understanding that childcare has ALWAYS been essential.
- All of our sitters are still interviewed three different times, reference checked, background checked, and fully vetted before being accepted onto the roster. We will not compromise this process, even in extraordinary times.
- CSSitters staff still matches all families and sitters based on more than just availability. We want sitters and families to be a super match, especially right now.
Different & Extras for phase 4:
- All families and sitters must complete a detailed Exposure Questionnaire prior to placement. This link will be shared with parents when a request is received and with sitters when they are being considered for a placement.
- One-time placements: Exposure questionnaire is required of all families and sitters, but this info is shared with blurbs and not prior to confirmation.
- For a few more smaller changes that only affect some of our families/sitters, please check out the new CV19 FAQ Page.